About the Projections Managing Partnership (PMP)
The Projections Managing Partnership (PMP) operates an integrated, nationwide program of state and local projections.
The PMP helps projections customers make informed decisions based on the most reliable and relevant occupational and
industry outlook information. Funding for the PMP is provided by the U.S. Department of Labor,
Employment & Training Administration, with technical support from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
and other entities across the country.
Vision: Maximize the efficiency of public investments by facilitating talent development
with high quality industry and occupational projections.
The Projections Managing Partnership serves as the central hub for supporting
states as they develop and deliver high quality state and local employment projections.
The Projections Managing Partnership is the nationally recognized organization that
provides information resources to the workforce system.
Mission: To enable/support states as they develop and deliver high quality state and
local employment projections.
We accomplish this mission by:
- Creating, maintaining, and improving a shared software and methodology.
- Developing/providing a network of subject matter experts (and analysts).
- Offering professional development for analysts (promote professional excellence to improve quality of employment projections).
- Designing new products and processes for users.
- Representing the network of analysts to national stakeholders (workforce, education, and economic development).
- Engaging federal partners to support and recognize our work/use federal methods.
PMP’s goals include but are not limited to the following:
- Operating an integrated long- and short-term industry and occupational projections program.
- Understanding the needs of projections users and customers.
- Responding to customer needs in a demand-driven system.
- Refining operating processes to improve product quality and delivery time.
- Deploying integrated staff training.
- Improving projections analysis and presentation.